Most of my inspiration is from sadness...When I write, I create a release..I have no intention of causing depression from my poetry, if anything I appreciate the ability to express it.

Monday, September 20, 2010

Out with the old, in with the new!

My first poems since forever ago...I've had such a long dry spell and forgot how much I love to write poetry. The beauty of it is you don't need to make much sense as long as YOU get it, everything you write is a definition of your feelings. In a way, it's like you are the main focus and if no one gets it, who cares.

"Untitled"

A blooming flower,
A birds last flight,
The seasons changing,
I think I might.

Stars are born.
The night everlasting.
Sunshine occurs only on special occasions. 

"Goodbye tomorrow"

Another day passed,
Calendar weekend.
It's already booked,
All the hours are spent
And I look at the time,
And it's already Tuesday,
I didn't think twice,
but I think it's your Birthday.

If I sit here still, will think to say sorry?
If I rest my head, will you tell me not to worry.
And everything is fine, but your funerals tomorrow.

I guess I've lost time and I can't turn to you anymore.

"False"

Hidden inside your mask of lies,
Claim to be what's in your disguise,
Like many before have fallen in your trap,
Posing as the helpless lamb.

Searching deep, do anything to fit in,
No matter what's beneath your skin,
You'll always be fake within.
Do you feel that's worth your life?
Wasting all on worthlessness,
Must be what's in your reflection,
Seeking relation, but are far from perfection.

"Not my time"

Wistful thoughts cloud my mind,
Realization hurts too much.
Memories of a different past,
Do you remember me?

The moment was yesterday,
Now it's gone, all that's left is the future.
Am I strong enough to carry on?
Or is this my departure.

If I remembered correctly,
You were the golden girl, always looking for a laugh,
Now you've gone down the dark road,
Where you are always back tracked.
 

"Disbelief"

I'm an actress, tragedy on a destructive path.
I'm a believer, searching for the truth that I can't explain.

Formal dinners and rain soaked boots,
It's hard to believe when you act out abused.

Crystal stemware and swollen black eyes,
speaking the truth never proved to be wise.

These streets never seemed darker,
I've ceased to exist,
The smokes in the water,
I'll put on my fins.

If I get closer to that holy land,
I'll tell you the secrets of evolution. 

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment