Most of my inspiration is from sadness...When I write, I create a release..I have no intention of causing depression from my poetry, if anything I appreciate the ability to express it.

Friday, October 15, 2010

Dream

I wrote this poem for fun, it's sort of a metaphor on how romance no longer exists or is rare. What I like about it is that it paints a picture in your mind and you can perceive it in many ways.


 We met at the dockside,
 The sky covered in stars,
 Dim street lights flicker through the night,
 I knew it was wrong,
 Steam rose from the water, surrounding your warmth,
 A step closer to you, was another step backward.

 My walls caved in, as you stood there before me,
 I had to breathe in, nerves filled my body.
 Our eyes meet for the first time,
  Since a more simple day,
 That time was so long ago,
 I never forgot your face.

It all ended then, you walked away,
I woke to a silent room, it was all just a dream.
Hope appears as dreams, lost fantasies,
My reality a dormant state of mind.
True romance is hard to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment