Most of my inspiration is from sadness...When I write, I create a release..I have no intention of causing depression from my poetry, if anything I appreciate the ability to express it.

Saturday, July 27, 2013


There's always madness, There will always be.
Yet there's always happiness, going on somewhere in this world.
Broad spectrum. Point. Reality.
Love. Pain.....

I was a passenger, on our way home.
I talked of my children before we met.
Tears ran down my cheeks as we spoke of compassion.
Lights shined in my condensation...
It was quiet in the back, my love content.
A forceful blow to the head, lunged us forward.
Her voice rose as she said "oh my god".
The once silent back was comforting.
His calm words assured me the moment before the crash.
I looked forward, hands braced to the side,
Trees and darkness a head of me.
The front of our vessel went down,
Causing the car to flip in the air....
Gravity and five seconds later,
We had landed.

Are we alive?
My vision blurred.
Fearful thoughts drowned my reality.
To my left, she was hanging there.
"We have to get out" was said behind me.
Belts holding us tight, blood rushing to my head..
I released myself to the shattered glass under me,
Wrists could barely support.the fall.
I can't get out.
The doors were pinned tight and the window would not roll...
Panic was setting in.
He kicked the door and I climbed out.
Turn around and see the horror.
Is she okay? Her legs look crushed.
My imagination took over.
Shaken in the night, the roads were pitch black.
" I need my glasses " she said, still hanging.
I watched as my love searched.
He found her sight and they emerged from the crushed vehicle.

Ahead in the brush was the car that hit us.
Lights flashing in the night.
A friends tune on the stereo continued to play..
We stood and held on to each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment