Most of my inspiration is from sadness...When I write, I create a release..I have no intention of causing depression from my poetry, if anything I appreciate the ability to express it.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

" The Hopkinton Spirit "

Wriiten by my Grandmother Margaret.


There's a "Spirit" in Hopkinton,
That will always prevail.
It always has and always will.
It is present without fail!

Its' a Spirit of Love'
Of pride in our home town.
One thing we all agree on
Its' the "best town" around!

You feel it in the Churches,
As you worship each Sunday.
You sense it in your neighbors,
As you listen to what they say.

Its' present in the schools, 
On the playing fields too.
Its' pride in the Boston Marathon,
Shared by both the old and the new!

Even if we sometimes
Seem to disagree
"The Hopkinton Spirit" will survive,
Just you wait and see.


Wonder if Poetry is hereditary! She's a much more positive writer than I. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment