Most of my inspiration is from sadness...When I write, I create a release..I have no intention of causing depression from my poetry, if anything I appreciate the ability to express it.

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

My bloodline divided, no ties of my own,
I struggled to endure strife, to find a safe home.
I longed for shelter and solace,
None of this mattered without my children.

Your gonna fail, you can't do this on your own,
Were the opinions of the people I trusted.
I was weakened by my ordeals, but within myself was a will to begin. 
I walked through hail and the knives that were thrown,
Ignored all the critics that thought I was wrong. 
I couldn't let myself just fall, plummet to the deep end and ignore what I was,

It was important to be strong and not give in,
Push myself over the limits...Accomplish the list I had written...
The pain and suffering I have felt, is an imprint that I'll never forget.

The blessing from this all, is a peace from independence not many have known,
Simple problems that people have faced, are a smudge of my lipstick I can easily wipe away....


I respect myself in a different light, that once lonely girl is no longer afraid,
My strength and devotion has inspired me to believe, I am worthy. 











No comments:

Post a Comment