Most of my inspiration is from sadness...When I write, I create a release..I have no intention of causing depression from my poetry, if anything I appreciate the ability to express it.

Sunday, November 6, 2011

Poem written by Li Ch'ing-chao

"Thoughts from the women's quarter"

 She smiles as she pushes aside
The curtain embroidered with water lilies,
And leans her perfumed cheek
Against the precious duck incense burner.
She gently rolls her eyes as he begs her
To tell him what she is thinking about.

After he has gone,
Her flirtatious face becomes pensive
And radiates the essence of beauty.
She fills half a page
With endearing reproaches,
And sends him her most intimate thoughts.
She makes an assignation,
"Come to me again when the moon
Moves the flowers shadows."












No comments:

Post a Comment